Thursday, September 01, 2005

Coming Back To You LIVE and in Color!

As further example of how chaotic the situation is down here, I lost cellular service all day, but yet now I have landlines and internet. Cell also came back 20 minutes ago. Good thing. I didn't realize how much that little piece of communicating was and is propping me up. Oh yeah, and I can now txt at 7 wpm. Picture to left is a major road. Nothing. No traffic. Not a single car. Flooding in Jeff Parish is straight ahead on the other side of those overpasses in the background.

Here's my status... siphoned 10 gallons of gas out of a neighbors car. This puts me in a pretty secure situation regarding electricity, that is I have two more days with it.

As far as food, I am fine - at least a week or longer.

The water situation is the most positive. I retrieved another big kentwood jug today and I have water pressure out of the taps - though it is not drinkable.

I have plenty of alcohol - really the only way to get to sleep, even though you are exhausted. A neighbor gave me like 6 bottles of booze. lol.

I am heavily armed. 12 gauge shotgun, 38 special on hip, and I was also gifted an 9mm pistol from a neighbor today.

Speaking of guns... Things are starting to break down now in Jefferson Parish. Refugees are starting to stream in and so is the looting. As per previous post, Arron Broussard, Jeff Parish President, has IN FACT declared himself dictator. He is posting JP Deputies at the borders with New Orleans and is sealing them off, by force if necessary. Fantastic quotes from him on the radio all directed at Bush. Broussard is completely serious.

We desparately need the military. Citizens who stayed behind and are cleaning up their neighborhoods are now carrying weapons full time. Night is especially disturbing. Last night saw heard gunshots then emergency flares shot up into the sky near the river by Winn Dixie. As far as I know, it was not investigated or were the people assisted.

My days are spent working with the few neighbors that we have cleaning up River Ridge. We have been lucky so far. We specifically opted to leave all but one entrance into the neighborhood closed by trees, power poles, etc. to act as a natural fortification. Today, in the first evidence that the Parish Government exists, a tractor came through and opened up every road. Now we actually feel less secure. Seriously, that has been the FIRST Jeff Parish vehicle we have seen. Harahan cops are everywhere in their town (we but up against them.)

Hundreds of helicopters though... hundreds. All we hear are generators and helos.

More later, I'm going to dinner at neighbors house. I may rant when I get back under the influence of wine.

Cheers and again thanks to all the well wishers. Please call 1-800-HELP-NOW and donate money to help us. Please and thanks.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably don't realise that you are becoming a minor celebrity on the net with people all over the world watching and wishing you well...We are in Australia and following what is going on with you..Stay safe and please keep writing so we know you are ok

And to everyone that is reading this www.redcross.org DONATE NOW

6:47 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TG - Finally got online to see your stuff. Thx so much for the info. I guess getting to Claibrone and Carrollton to fetch my cats would be impossible. Amazed TRW is still at the dock. I guess we'll be racing next Weds?? Stay safe. I'll be in as soon as they let me to get my kitties. Call me and tell me what to bring you. Julie

7:09 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck and God Bless You...

8:08 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relieved to see you back on line, but alarmed at what you have to say.

Hope I have a home to go back to when all is said and done.

If our house was undamaged by the Hurricane (and we still don't know), I hope it isn't destroyed by the looters.

8:29 PM, September 01, 2005  
Blogger MindCircus said...

You have no idea what you are have become - A mini celebrity. I live in Houston, and I just came back from passing by the Astrodome. Things are chaotic but people are getting in smoothly. Hang in there.

9:05 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your spirit, man. you rock.

9:52 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tag-
jstol here. a celebrity, i always knew you would make it. just thought i'd let you know that while the govt is sitting on thier a** my coworkers (design-build contractors) and i are mobilizing, attempting to get FEMA credentials so that as soon as it is safe (and we are allowed in) we can begin the process of rebuilding our once great city. i hope that this horrible event can help us to fix so many of the things broken in our city. perhaps new orleans will become a place where children in public schools will actually be educated, a place where... i guess if we can fix the schools that will be a terrific start.
not if, when.
all of you new orleans natives with something to offer, we need you, don't run, come back and help rebuild.

10:01 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up bro. You give insperation to others. You let us know there are still good people left in NO.

10:28 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just know - help is coming. Red Cross drive in Cincy has raised a half million dollars - radio stations collected 4 tractor trailers of supplies - all on their way to you. This is being repeated all across the country. People DO care, and we're trying to help. Don't know what's taking govt. so long. Hang in there.

10:41 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Australia has offered assistance as well as we all know that George and Johnny are best buddies! Still waiting for George to decide what you want I guess...If it was up to us we would all be there right now knee deep helping out

10:48 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.