Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Malfeasance, Corruption & Idiocy

You have really got to be kidding me.

I woke this morning completely flabbergasted as the layers apon layers of gross negligence, stupidity, mismanagement and downright incompetence of the Government of the strongest nation in the world has really finally built up and slapped me in the face.

It wasn't the 10,000+ trailers sinking in Arkansas mud at a cost of almost 900 million that may have to be simply destroyed - that's almost a third of the money allocated for rebuilding our levees - that did it.

It wasn't the fact that as we near SIX MONTHS after landfall, over 2,371 Americans remain missing on American soil that did it.

It wasn't the fact that nearly 1,300 Americans (and we're still counting) died on American soil that did it.

It wasn't the fact that Republican governed Mississippi is getting an equal share of disaster relief to Louisiana even though they have only 1/5th the damage that did it.

It wasn't the fact that our levees in New Orleans broke because of faulty engineering by the Army Corps of Engineers that did it.

It wasn't President George W. Bush calling us "Those people in that part of the world" that did it.

It wasn't the President's inflated and bogus numbers that he has been marketing to the country for Katrina relief that did it.

It wasn't the Republican's own blistering Katrina report that did it.

It is the entire experience of the Gulf Coast that has done it. I can not name one positive thing to come out of this entire situation at any level of Government that has done it. I demand accountability and Federal Indictements.

I mean seriously, the gall of this so-called Government to browbeat Louisiana over incompetence. You have got to be kidding me. The godamned Vice President can't even aim a goddamned shotgun and we expect these people lead?

I want Chertoff's head. I want Michael Brown's head. I want the little peon beauracrat's head, who signed off on 900 million dollars worth of trailers to be used in an OBVIOUS floodplain, but according to FEMA's own rules can't be put in a floodplain. I want Hastert's head for trying to abandon a part of this nation. I want Blanco's head. I want every representative's head in Baton Rouge who are opposing levee board reform's head.

I want to armor the levees systems of this region with the skulls of these... twits.

I am disgusted.


_________

8 Comments:

Blogger Celina said...

While you're listing the guilty, be sure to include your "Chocolate City" mayor while you're at it. :-p The gall of the man is unbelieveable, and he doesn't even have the sense to know when to shut the hell up.

4:16 PM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather than stressing out have a beer and relax. On the good news front: Fodor's is giving away free updated New Orleans travel guides online. Check it out http://fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=new_orleans@110&cur_section=ove

2:43 PM, February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As time passes my anger grows as well. I cannot tolerate the heartless actions of those who could help us but will not, as our city lies in moldy ruins and ashes. The cruelty of the situation is astonishing within a supposedly civilized country.

I don't know why things are this way, and I don't even care any more. We need help more than revenge, but it looks like we will have neither. I guess I am saying that I will believe it when I see it, and not before.

There may be no ultimate end to this story for those who do not move away.

9:05 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger WillowLu said...

You wrote: I am disgusted.

You are not alone.

I only hope the people of the gulf won't simply have a beer & relax during this weekend's festivities, but that the partying will be peppered with opportunities to speak to the visiting media about the reality of the situation.

Serious times call for serious words.

Thanks for keeping the sad truth uppermost in people's minds.

11:29 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Mark Folse said...

"I want to armor the levees systems of this region with the skulls..."

Damn.

7:40 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger "" said...

T.W.I.T.S.
Too Weathy & Ignorant to See

Yup.

The sons of the priviledged inheritated their positions and have no more interest in leading than I have in looking at their lying faces for 3 more years.

4:21 PM, February 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Markus. Wonderful post. You are now on my links, man, and let me know if you need help with the skullgathering.

10:06 PM, February 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rage On my friend...Rage On! Your words are spoken with eloquence, and a solid clean conscience. You are not alone....Let your voice be heard above all others.

3:27 PM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.