Friday, February 10, 2006

Krewe du Vieux Parades Tomorrow


C'est Levee

My anticipation is palpable. I am ready to walk amongst our fellow New Orleanians and the thousands of FEMA beauracrats, who are still in town screwing up our fair city - loudly denouncing the Feds, FEMA and the Corpse of Engineers.

Keep your ears peeled for our King, Walter "Mr. Bill" Williams (that's the dude (and fellow New Orleanian) who came up with the Mr. Bill claymation of Saturday Night Live) to give a rousing speech on the exact site of President Bush's speech after Katrina where he lied to all of our faces.

The city is also ready, Angus Lind of the Times-Pic had an interview with Deep Float today regarding KdV and our members have been all over the WWOZ airwaves.

The rumours are also starting to build that the band headliners at the Krewe du Vieux Do (Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, along with Juice, and The Claim Jumpers with Mike Hood and Michael Sklar along with special guest Coco Robicheaux) will be joined by the lead singer of some band called the Rolling Stones.

Here's the projected path of KdV this year and parents remember that KdV is not for children...
And if you go, don't expect to catch many throws as we're still waiting on those to arrive from FEMA - but do expect some audio posts from me throughout so you can actually follow it live if you're up in the frozen tundra of Alaska or Chicago. I will endeavor to get Mr. Bill's speech up on an audio post. Sunday night I most likely will (if I'm still not too hungover (very likely)) have some pictures up.

You can also find more infor at KdV's website... www.kreweduvieux.org(y)

________

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go Troy. I'll be home next week showing my TX raised kids their first Mardi Gras.

I've been reading your blog since KTMB.
C'est Levee!

--eric

11:23 PM, February 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to stop reading your blog...new format isn't reader friendly for old eyes. Best of luck!

10:25 AM, February 11, 2006  
Blogger Mark Folse said...

Audio posts, Yes! I wish there was a web cam, so I could see my spouse (who has never been to Mardi Gras) experience her first by *marching* in the KduV!

6:43 PM, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.