Sunday, January 29, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Nearly five months after signing up for the FEMA trailer program, guess what, yep I finally got my trailer.

According to the contractors setting it up, I will probably only have to wait about a month or two to get my keys and electricity.

Pretty efficient our federal government is - no.

Shouldn't really surprise anyone though after President Bush commented on New Orleans the other day by stating how those people "in that part of the world" are getting up to speed.

George, again, last time I checked this "part of the world" is in the United States and just so happens to be next door to your beloved Texas asshole.

Seriously - the Federal Government is dead to me - they can all go rot in hell.

I will say this though, as a registered Independent since I was 18 and someone who generally tends to vote Republican, I can now honestly say that I may never vote Republican again.

***

In a touch of irony, yesterday when I was on my way to work on our Krewe du Vieux float, I decided to make a quick pass by the house in Lakeview and discovered that my FEMA trailer had arrived.

What was ironic is that our float we worked on all afternoon lambasts FEMA... Did I feel a bit guilty - not in the slightest.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the long awaited arrival of your trailer!!! Shame on FEMA for not supplying a key - for cryin' out loud - when will these people get a clue!?!?!?

I hope more intelligent folks like yourself that used to vote republican, see the light. There are good republican and democrat representatives out there - just not these folks!!!!!! Still waiting (in vain, of course) for the impeachment proceedings to start. Oh well....

9:16 AM, January 30, 2006  
Blogger Roux said...

Hey, I hate to say this but, FEMA needs to go away and let everyone know that they are on their own. Need help call your family, friends, or church.

The Feds cannot provide this stuff in any prompt or economic manner. It wouldn't matter who was the President.

1:36 PM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well tag welcome Home ??? get back to work on that float... we all could use so repreive.. korin

2:50 PM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Troy on getting in your new "home" , ill keep my fingers crossed it happens very soon. Thanks so much for this forum, im still checking every week as i have done since the beginning!
Jenny
Greenwell Springs, La

5:19 PM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you gotten you keys yet... Korin

5:09 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.