Sunday, January 15, 2006

C'est Levee or WWKdVD


I know, I know - Twelfth Night passed a while back without a single mention by myself - so in order to make it up to everyone and happily inspired by the events of last night - I give you a little touch of the pre-Mardi Gras buildup...

Firstly Krewe du Vieux rolls on February 11th at 7pm - and it's the ONLY official Mardi Gras parade to roll through the French Quarter. As a true satirical and drunken Krewe, KdV let's Katrina and the feds have it. The following is a list of this year's sub-Krewe themes (I'm in K.A.O.S.):

Krewe of C.R.U.D.E. (Council to Revive Urban Decadent Entertainment)
C.R.U.D.E. Sleeps in the Wet Spot

Krewe of Drips and Discharges
There’s No Place Like Home

Krewe of Underwear
Corpse of Engineers Presents “A Day at the Breach”

Seeds of Decline
Fights the Futilities

Krewe of Mama Roux
Home is Where the Tarp Is

Krewe of L.E.W.D. (Lewd Ensemble of Weird Degenerates)
LEWDers Gone Wild

Krewe of Space Age Love
Give me That Mold Time Religion

Krewe of K.A.O.S. (Kommittee for the Aggravation of Organized Society)
K.A.O.S. Rules FEMA

Knights of Mondu
MONDU Breaks Wind

T.O.K.I.N. (Totally Orgasmic Krewe of Intergalactic Ne'er-do-wells)
T.O.K.I.N.’s Wet Dream

Krewe Rue du Bourbon
Fridge Over Troubled Water

Krewe de C.R.A.P.S.
C.R.A.P.S. Fingers the Dike

Krewe of PAN (Perpetuating Adolescent Naughtiness)
Buy Us Back, Chirac!

Krewe du Mishigas
NOLA’s Ark

Mystic Krewe of Spermes
Spermes Declares A Mandatory Ejaculation: Cuntra Flow in Effect

Krewe of Comatose
The Comatose Corps of Engineers does the BIG SPILL

Mystic Krewe of Inane
Laissez les Trailers Roulez

I love the fact that all those FEMA workers staying in the Quarter are going to get a load of this.

Postscript... If you're coming down for Mardi Gras be sure to try and stay at the Dive Inn - if you can make the cut.

Cheers...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been here for a while but my curiosity brought me back. It's nice to see you're in a good mood and keep up the spirit that made NO famous! If my financial situation would allow it I'd be in the city that FEMA forgot for Mardi Gras. But I can't. :(

Pls raise your glass of hurricane for all the readers who would like to be there and see the Parade!

Laissez les bons temps roullez!

Andy from Hannover, Germany

4:17 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.