Monday, September 19, 2005

Re-focus


Alright... mini-vacation over. Back to work.

This afternoon I'm making a run into Lakeview and Uptown. I will have photos from inside homes that have been resting under 14 feet of water. Stories are that many have collapsed in on themselves or shifted on their slabs or pilings.

A few last humorous asides and observations...

• I went into a grocery store yesterday for the first time since the event and nearly had a nervous breakdown. The people, the FOOD and the normality really got to me. I'm not exaggerating - I nearly had a massive anxiety attack in produce.

• Again relating a grocery store story, a few days back, friends of mine who rode out the storm Uptown finally made their way up to Baton Rouge. That evening they hit Whole Foods Market for groceries and were completely blown away. One of them was skipping up the aisles yelling "We're in the Emerald City! We're in the Emerald City!"

• The running joke for any cut or bruise is now, "It's the black mold."

• RITA... There is no way that Rita will come here. That would be God spitting in our face... More likely, watch out Texas. Ivan, Katrina - the only things left standing on the entire Gulf Coast are in Texas.

• Very rapidly I am developing my own FEMA horror story. I haven't even gotten that stipend they've been handing out. NOTHING.

More later today...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big T- who's house is that a pic of? Is that The Catina?
Hope all is well and give Stace/Steve/Bud/etc my best.
-Diamond Dave

12:43 PM, September 19, 2005  
Blogger TAG said...

That is my friend Buzzy's condo at Pier 8. Sat under ten feet of water for 18 days. Pretty nasty. I think I see barnacles.

2:17 PM, September 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we were coming in tomorrow, but it sounds like Nagin has been 'gang-tackled' by the Feds as far as re-entry. We have cats on Hillary St. that the owners just wanted us to feed and water until they got back Wednesday. Could someone go by there (e-mail me for address) and feed & water?
I guess last yaer was Florida this year is LA.

Diamond Dave, you candy-ass, why are you not down here with the rest of us? You know my brother is going to make a fortune re-habbing all of us when this shit is done.

Troy, if you've had enough, there's a room with your name on it at Vacherie (Rosebud, too)

4:08 PM, September 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy, call me at 388-4109. Or come watch football at Whiskey Blue. Riley

4:26 PM, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.