Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Update

We are still not OK.

I've spent some time today re-reading my blog which I've never really done... It wasn't strange to relive those events, they're with me all the time. But what got me was reading people's comments. That broke me down for hours. All I can say is thanks to the many people who either posted prayers or thanks, and I will be eternally grateful to those individuals who came to my rescue, physically or mentally, in some small or large way. Thanks.

As far as an update, the book has been picked up by Gibbs-Smith Publishing and will be released nationally in the Fall of '08. Obviously I'm excited about that, but man do you have to learn patience in the publishing world.

I'm still writing for the likes of Gambit, New Orleans CityBusiness, Sailing World, etc. Here's a few links to some recent stories.

- A New Frontier
- Economic Boom Fails
- MRGO's Dead Zone
- Set Sail
- Dining With a Few Reservations
- Katrina's Marinas
- Nearly Lost, Not Forgotton
- Zephyr!

I'm also on the radio these days. I have a small weekly show, Radio Diner, reviewing New Orleans restaurants. Radio Diner airs on WWNO during NPR news on Thursdays at 4:45pm. You can listen live on the internet and they have a few archived shows also.

I'm still living in my FEMA trailer and, big shock here, have yet to receive any of my Road Home grant. With my house having rested five feet off the ground, I did not have flood insurance. Well after nearly ten feet of water inundated the neighborhood... I still wait in a trailer sitting in front of a gutted house. I always have wanted to live aboard a boat, I've kind of gotten my wish, but it is getting trying.

My neighborhood, Lakeview, is actually coming back nicely. In my block alone nearly half of the houses are undergoing renovation... trust me, that's incredible.

I'm still actively working on some projects that you can check out below.

- Ryan Finn Ocean Racing
- New Basin Lighthouse Rescue
- Renew NOLA
- ReLeaf New Orleans

I also have two large new book projects that I am working on. One will be a novelized version of the Regatta Diaries and the other is top secret.

All the best and until next time.

___________

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark Folse said...

Damn, that's you on radio diner? It didn't click until I read it here. Nice show. I always try to catch it.

9:28 PM, April 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are doing ok!!!
Thanks for the heads up on Raio Diner.
Jenny in B.R.

8:19 PM, May 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you are doing well T. All the best to you.
M in Vancouver

1:44 AM, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Susi said...

You were my lifeline during Katrina. Thanks from my heart. I've been wishing you the best, continually, and will go on, as will you and our beloved New Orleans.

8:22 PM, August 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice to see you last weekend. Congratulations on all the progress/projects. I read those sixteen posts of yours from time to time just for perspective. I recommended it to my readers on the 29th (the 1st of my 2 29th posts). Peace, darlin'.

6:20 PM, August 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:14 AM, September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you guys in NOLA are going through 2 years after the fact just boggles the mind. I could very well have been in your shoes too if Rita hadn't turned away from my waterfront Galveston home. (I've since moved inland a few miles.) I've been reading Michael Homan's blog which you might find interesting. He has gone through hell and high water(!) to settle with Allstate and receive assistance from various organizations. I know you can relate. For a chuckle, read his 10/16/07 post "Bringing Down the House to History": http://michaelhoman.blogspot.com/

I wish you the best and hope you keep posting... about anything. I really enjoy your writing. :)

5:51 AM, October 20, 2007  
Blogger Susi said...

Please, if you can, keep us informed as Gustav (Staff of the Gods) comes through. I can hope that you've taken refuge out of town, but let us know! Susi

11:37 PM, August 30, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

same here. i look in regularly and think no news is (hopefully) good news but a sign of life now would be reassuring. good luck!

9:12 AM, August 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.