Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Posting From New Iberia

Talk about waking up in a bedroom and really having NO idea where I was for a full 30 seconds -- very disconcerting.

I'm in New Iberia and spent the night over at Kelsey and her husband, Gus' home... wolves abound (she raises wolves). We were running through her photos from a pet rescue down in St. Bernard, and thought they'd be interesting to share...

I will be heading out to the Evan's family sugarcane plantation for a few hours and hopefully will catch Houston traffic at night.

Cheers to all, and I will be doing those audio posts... hopefully I won't have any of me in some west Texas bar getting my ass kicked.

One last thing, from the looks of these pictures -- St. Bernard may no longer have much of a flooding problem as the land has been raised via silt a few inches.




















The picture below is from my friend Chuck in Dallas showing me some of the destruction in Houston caused by Rita and to expect massive traffic delays as they try to open the city back up...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

Your biggest problem won't be getting your ass kicked in a bar in West Texas.

Your biggest problem is going to be *finding* a bar in West Texas.

Welcome to the Bible belt, sonny. Ain't no go cups in Texas, I can tell you.

11:36 AM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bars in West Texas arent on the main tourist roads, go ask the restaurants cook , and say ya'll all the time, j

4:10 PM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...pretty funny pic with the only the chair toppled over...lol

7:55 PM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Troy...YOU ROCK! Thanks so much for keeping us updated with everything. I followed your blog from the beginning and it inspired me to get off my ass and do something...I spent 7 days at Lamar-Dixon and doing rescue in NO. Needless to say I am home now all emotional and sick with a cold. I did not want to leave NO but that pesky thing called "JOB" dragged me away.
If you can find the time to work your way up to Vancouver, Canada there will be comfy digs and nice cold Canadian beer waitin' for ya.
We also have a sailboat so maybe you can get some sailing in too! If you decide to wander up to the far north post a contact number for us where you can be reached.

ps. The devastating effects of Rita in Houston was more than I could bear...I only hope that no one was hurt and no beverages were spilled.

11:49 AM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.