Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Clarification On Why Emeril Lagasse Is A Carpet Bagger

For starters, Emeril moved down to New Orleans from his native Massachusetts and learned everything he knows from working in some of the best kitchens in this city. His first restaurants were here in New Orleans and this is where his 'name' originated.

Yet, as New Orleans wallowed in 12 feet of water and sporadically burned, as her people were forced to flee their homes and beloved city, as 1,076 New Orleanians perished (the count - so far), Emeril Lagasse fired all of his employees and then continued on his book tour.

This man who gained SO much from this city sat around in bookstores and signed his name thousands of times and still to this day has yet to reopen a single restaurant, all the while the Brennans and many other independent restaurants fed the national guard and rescue workers for free.

Within a few weeks several restaurants re-opened to hordes of New Orleanians who were mentally drowning for any semblance of normality and civility, even if that came from sitting down at upper end restaurants and being able to chose between chicken fingers and hamburgers... and New Orleanians have rewarded these restaurants, owners and service by continuing to flock to these brave and forward thinking establishments. They, to this day are making cash hand over fist and rightly so. We have become VERY loyal to these restaurants.

So where is Emeril?

Signing a damn book somewhere?

Thanks for all the help Emeril. In our time of need, you could have in the damn least used your fame to try and help your 'adopted' city... but what did you do, and what are you doing now?

Signing another damn book somewhere?

Actually, I don't think anyone down here really cares anymore.

Thanks for nothing Emeril. Glad we could help you out though bud.

ps... yes I have read the 'notification' on Emeril's website, but the people that I know that worked for Emeril have never been contacted. Even if it is true - where the hell has he been?

Here is the Times Picayune article expressing displeasure at Emeril one month ago...


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never liked that asshole, anyway. What a dick.

5:47 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger TAG said...

I have several sources including a few within the Emeril's organization AND the Times Picayune wrote a scathing piece about Emeril about a month back.

6:19 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Ray said...

OK, I take back what I said about him earlier. What a whiny prick.

I always liked Emeril just because I too was born in Massachusetts and transplanted down here...although I came when I was seven because my dad was in the Coast Guard and got transferred, not because I wanted to get famous.

I haven't lived in New Orleans in 20 years and I've been back since Katrina. I'm looking for a job back there now. My wife is offering architectural services to people there, pro bono even in a few cases, and she's never lived there a day in her life.

The Brennan family kept every single person on the payroll, even the waiters, while the restaurants were closed? Bless the matriarchs' little hearts.

So where the fuck is Emeril?

8:52 AM, November 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ! How in the world can we allow this to continue. Wars against terrorist, who can hide so well that a pale skinny guy on dialasis cannot be found. Yet One of our greatest cities is festering and struggling to survive. My love to you, I am coming back as soon as I can get this MA crap out of the way.
PJ "Caesar"

1:55 PM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger Rachel said...

His web page says his French Quarter restaurant is going to open on Dec. 8th.

12:54 AM, November 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He has been real good to my best friend who was never fired and the resturant opened on the 8th Good Morning America was there and all his employees from before the hurricane were there too. I have a strange feeling you weren't along with all your democratic- asshole friends that posted here. Just so you sit-at-home complainers know, Emeril also gave my friend, who is a cook there, money to tune of a few thousand dollars during the time the resturant was closed to live off of. He also had organizations searching for housing for his employees. So check your facts before you post anything.

12:34 PM, December 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.