Tuesday, November 08, 2005

On Looking Forward To Becoming Trailer Trash

In the desert wastes of Lakeview, we haven't had rain since Hurricane Rita, I yearn for my FEMA trailer.

I look forward with anticipation to that sweet symbol of American respite post disasters docked up in my front yard. Hopefully it arrives before Christmas, in order that I can dangle Christmas lights off of the roof and then leave them there year round.

I will set up a little entertaining area out front in the flood detritus replete with folding chairs and an ice chest as table. Maybe a pink flamingo to welcome guests and passerbys.

And I will, or at least I have set this goal for myself, to have the first crawfish boil in Lakeview post-K.

The sad thing is... that I am actually looking forward to this... How things have changed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Troy,
Are we building a bonfire for Xmas Eve and will you even be at Scott's, or are you staying home???? I gotta know!!! I am joinsing for a Cajun Xmas.

PJ "Caesar"

11:48 AM, November 08, 2005  
Blogger TAG said...

Hell yeah we're building a bonfire. How else would St Nick find his way to us, especially now so many still without power.

12:20 PM, November 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xcellent, i am looking forward to it!!! Keep up the good fight and I shall see you ate Xmas.

PJ "Caesar"

4:07 PM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.