Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'm Being Studied

Oddly enough, I have been asked to participate in the One World Youth Project.

The project operates in high schools around the world and educates students on how environmental degredation can deeply effect one individual life. Apparantly, they've been trying to find someone in the States who's life has been altered through environmental damage and as such, they've asked me to tell my Katrina stories through the lens of wetlands loss.

The group is somehow affiliated with the United Nations and I've agreed to participate in the hopes that I will one day in the near future be allowed to speak before this illustrious beauracracy regarding drinking beer while racing sailboats.

Actually, I'm honored and am taking it pretty seriously.


__________

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great opportunity you are helping with. Great that you are taking it seriously.

I checkin on your site every other day or so to see what you have to say.

10:25 AM, July 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic T. I can't imagine anyone more suited for this task. Congratulations and best wishes.
Michele K

5:17 PM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.