Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Progress?

Yesterday in my humble duties as the block Captain for the two block area of my Lakeview neighborhood, I went house to house conducting a superficial property survey. Here are a few of the basic results for the two block area that I surveyed:

• Total Homes: 22
• Number which flooded: 22 - (100%)
• Houses gutted: 15 - (68%)
• Houses not gutted: 7 - (31%)
• Houses under repair: 4 - (18%)
• Houses for sale: 8 - (36%)
• Residents Occupying: 3 - (13%)

Pretty depressing numbers, but as I've stated all along - Lakeview will come back - not only because of the strong ties we have to that neighborhood, but also because of the ease of which one can make groceries and buy gas and such in neighboring Jefferson Parish.

__________


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.